Parallels (11.2.0) problems on the new macOS Sierra 10.12

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TommyW1, Jun 14, 2016.

1. TommyW1

TommyW1 Bit poster

All seems to be working just fine - except that the SPACE BAR does not work in the client OS (Win 10).. Space bar works in the parallels configuration screens etc, but not in the client OS screens. Strange enough - it works if I use Shift + Spacebar, but a bit hard.
    I'm using a MacBook Pro 15".

Please fix quickly as always, thanks!

2. bobbyt

bobbyt Hunter

I saw this in a separate thread, apparently the Siri fn + space bar is somehow conflicting, changing the sierra keys to something else (suggested was ctrl-space) apparently fixes it...

3. TommyW1

TommyW1 Bit poster

Great!! You're correct, Siri used fn+space and strange enough, I just opened the Siri settings from system settings and the setting was OFF, however, now my space works perfect. You learn a lot from betas - big thanks Bobby!!

4. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey guys,
    For space key does not work on macOS Sierra in Parallels Desktop virtual machines, please refer this steps.

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Guys, Please be informed that Parallels Desktop 11 Update 2 Hotfix 1 - 11.2.1 (32626) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. To check for updates, go to the Parallels Desktop menu and click on "Check for Updates... Latest version always available here: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd11/ Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Check out the updates summary at http://kb.parallels.com/123410 Thanks!