Parallels 11 and mojave osx

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by VolodymyrM, Oct 9, 2018.

1. VolodymyrM

VolodymyrM Bit poster

I am planning to update my host os from El Capitan to Mojave. Does anybody knows if Parallels 11 will work on it? I've seen https://kb.parallels.com/en/124453 which says that it is not compatible with it but I use it from time to time to run Windows 10 and don't have a plan to update to Parallels 14.
    What do you think? May be some has already had such experience and could share it?

Thanks!

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello VolodymyrM, Parallels Desktop 11 is already and end of life product, it is not compatible with mac OS Mojave. kindly purchase Parallels Desktop 14 full version and install it which is completely compatible with mac OS Mojave. According to our licensing policy, an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac is supported from Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac and Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac. If your previous version key is for Parallels Desktop 11 or earlier, please visit the Parallels Online Store to purchase a full license for Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac: Kindly follow the instructions from this link < https://bit.ly/2DuuqCb >.

3. thanar

thanar Member

Hello. What does "Parallels Desktop 11 is already and end of life product, it is not compatible with mac OS Mojave" mean? Does it mean that it will not LAUNCH under OS Majave, or that it MIGHT work, but there is no point in asking for support, since it's an old product?

4. zwahlenh

zwahlenh Bit poster

High guys, I am running Mojave 10.14.6 with Parallels 11.2.3. It runs fine on my box.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. Thanks a lot for sharing this, but please watch your step, because due to incompatibility you may see different issues.
    Please do not forget to make a backup copies.

6. thanar

thanar Member

Basic incompatibility I found out just now, is that version 11 of Parallels Desktop will not ACTIVATE while trying to install. Don't know if it's a Mojave thing, or Parallels completely dropped version 11 activation ability.