Parallels 11 + Coherence = VPN Improper Arguments

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by magikmanpro, Aug 21, 2015.

1. magikmanpro

magikmanpro Member

I've recently upgraded to Parallels 11. I have VMs with both Windows 7 and 10. I use SonicWall VPN software to connect to my company's network. No issues before Parallels 11. Now, when I'm in Coherence mode only, I receive "Improper Argument" errors every time I launch a network aware app (IE, Edge, File Explorer, etc.). It appears that this is triggered once per app, and I can subsequently launch the app without this error. But, error when switching to/from coherence and each time I launch an app. Very annoying.

Again, this ONLY happens in Coherence. If I stay in windowed mode, no error messages. This is exclusively a Coherence issue. No other changes to environments other than upgrading to Parallels 11 (10 worked fine with no errors).

Anyone else seen this? Any recommendations?

2. magikmanpro

magikmanpro Member

FYI, I have found that using an alternative client (NetExtender) avoids the errors thrown by SonicWALL VPN. I don't know that I'd consider that a solution, but I have a functional workaround. Here's the kicker though: SonicWALL VPN connections were not seen by Parallels 11 as an app, and I could maintain a connection while also allowing the VM to auto-pause. When I resumed, the connection was live and all was well. With NetExtender, Parallels 11 sees a connection as current activity and will prevent the VM from every going into auto-pause. So, I have to pick between auto-pause and errors. I've already tried to downgrade to Parallels 10, but Win10 in Coherence is desired so I guess I'm waiting for patches.