Parallels 11 Guide on intalling Win 95 from CD or otherwise...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Salem, May 26, 2016.

1. Salem

Salem Bit poster

Does anyone have a guide to installing windows 95. I am stumped!

Thanks,

2. Hello Salem,
    The installation process is the same for any version of Windows OS using Parallels Desktop.
    Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the article and let us know how it works.

3. Salem

Salem Bit poster

I tried an iso and also installing from the cd neither work :( It wont find the image. Do I need a boot disk like the old days?

4. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Salem,
    Try the following steps and see if it works,
    1. Start the installation like mentioned in the article.
    2. On the screen to select the source for Windows installation (Step 3 from article), choose 'Continue without a source' and click continue.
    3. Select the type of Operating System and check the 'Customize settings before installation' option. Click continue.
    4. On the Configuration window, go to 'Hardware'->CD/DVD 1.
    5. Check the 'connected' option and choose the source as your image(.iso) file.
    6. Go to 'Boot order' and make sure that CD/DVD 1 is checked in the list.
    7. Close the configuration and continue the installation.
    Let us know how it works.

5. Salem

Salem Bit poster

"Trying to boot from Cd rom ... failed."

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Salem,
    All I can suggest is the generic procedure of doing Permission Repair with disk utility, uninstall Parallels, install Parallels again, and try creating the windows machine again.
    You can create the virtual machine 'Without a desk' - do not install Windows and just create a blank VM. Try to open Configurations (Virtual Machine menu --> Configure) --> Hardware --> Hard Drive 1 and change location to IDE.
    Try to connect iso file to this virtual machine (Configure --> Hardware --> CD/DVD) and start the virtual machine. Hope it helps