Parallels 11 Not Saving Changes

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DavidE6, Dec 7, 2016.

1. DavidE6

DavidE6 Bit poster

I'm running Parallels 11.2.2 on El Capitan 10.11.6, with Windows 7 installed.
    This has been installed with different versions of Parallels for the last 4 years and has worked fine.
    Since August there's a problem ... any changes made in Windows 7 are not saved on exit.

1. Each time Win7 starts up Parallels installs its tools again.

2. Any Windows updates downloaded and applied do not save when exiting Windows 7 / Parallels - next time you start up Win7 the same updates are there to be downloaded again.

I've tried removing and reinstalling Parallels - same problem.

I've tried disabling Avast antivirus - no change.

August 18th is the last time the Windows Updates were saved, even though they've been updated regularly since.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Hey, did you get any error messages or warnings during the updates installation/downloading?

3. DavidE6

DavidE6 Bit poster

No errors.
    Just behaved as normal.

Then after restarting the Mac ... then restarting Parallels 11 ... then starting Win7 ... all changes are gone.

It's like having 'rollback' turned on, except Parallels 11 doesn't have rollback.

And no, I have never had rollback enabled when I had Parallels 10 - I want my Win7 installation to be kept current with updates, no sense reinstalling every Windows update, antivirus update etc ... every time you start Windows 7.