Parallels 12 Mouse lag when using a USB mouse

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Poonaka, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Poonaka

Poonaka Bit poster

When I use my Steel Series Diablo III mouse inside a VM, there's a bit of mouse lag when moving the cursor. The mouse cursor shows the correct position on screen but invisibly trails behind in the VM. The best way to show this off is by click and dragging an icon. The icon will trail behind the cursor on screen. If I use my trackpad or magic mouse I don't have this problem. I've tried changing the mouse settings in the VM and reinstalling the Parallels tools but it hasn't fixed the problem.

Running on a MacBook pro retina 15" late 2013 with the latest Sierra beta. I've tried this with two VMs so far, Windows 10 and Windows 2012 R2.

ChrisJ6 likes this.
  2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Hotfix 1 (12.0.1-41296) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build http://kb.parallels.com/123948 Latest version always available here: www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12 Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

3. Poonaka

Poonaka Bit poster

Hi Paul, thanks for the update. I tried it out but the problem still persists. I have a ticket open with support and just sent in another problem report.

4. Poonaka

Poonaka Bit poster

Solved by adding the following boot flags under settings -> Hardware -> Boot order -> advanced settings:

devices.usb.mouse=0

5. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Sounds great ! Feel free to reach out anytime for further assistance. Thanks.

6. PjF1

PjF1 Bit poster

I'm dealing with the same issue, which is extremely exaggerated when the "Optimize for games" option is enabled for mice.
    devices.usb.mouse=0 fixes the issue with the mouse, but now the mouse clicking is disabled for ~2 seconds whenever I press a button on the keyboard. This is true for both the main keyboard/mouse and a usb keyboard/mouse.

It should be noted that it was a problem on both parallels 11 and 12 when on the Sierra GM.

7. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

Anyone seen a solution to this yet. I am seeing the same thing but with Keyboard lag and dropped keys on 11 & 12. Specifically typing a sentence (like this) and then finding that a T was dropped or an H etc randomly, almost like a lag issue. Parallels team ?

8. PjF1

PjF1 Bit poster

Had a support call, sounds like the boot flag normally fixes it for people so apparently we're the unfortunate special flowers :(. My ticket's being escalated so hopefully I can report a fix before too long

9. MatthewD3

MatthewD3 Bit poster

Setting the bootflag fixed the lag present with my new "Cooler Master" mouse. I was previously using a cheap Microsoft mouse which did not have this issue.

10. PjF1

PjF1 Bit poster

Still broken for me in the latest update. My ticket get closed as a duplicate so I don't know how long it will take. :(

MatthewD3 likes this.
  11. MatthewD3

MatthewD3 Bit poster

Still broken for me as well (if I don't use the boot flag mentioned above).

12. ChrisJ6

ChrisJ6 Bit poster

Having similar issues. I have the latest update. Wishing I would have not upgraded now. Not happy.

13. PhilAd

PhilAd Bit poster

I have the same issue since I updated from Parallels 11 to 12 ... I wanted to play Overwatch with parallels ...
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/h...verwatch-and-how-there-could-be-in-the-future
    http://blog.parallels.com/2016/08/23/overwatch-on-mac/
    Thats why I upgraded Parallels ... but my mouse was lagging as hell and I was able to fix it with the suggested command I few comments earlier.
    But the Mouse Keys are still lagging ... In Overwatch left key sometimes reacts, not reacts, keeps beeing pressed, even when i do not press it, and so on ...

Additionally I'm also disappointed about the performance. In a Solo Training Game it is running smooth, just like in the video ... But when I play Online PvP oder PvE the game is hanging, as soon as an enemy appears ... My Settings:
    Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2014 Intel Core i7 2.5GHz (Iris Pro), 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, NVIDIA GT750M 2GB dVRAM, MacOS Sierra
    Parallels 12 Pro running Windows 10 (4vCPUs, 1024MB vVRAM, VSync disabled)
    -> Overwatch: 1280x800, Detail Setting: Low, View: 80%

So I was expecting that this very low Settings would run smoothly ... Any tips?

14. MatthewD3

MatthewD3 Bit poster

It's a miracle, the latest update fixes the issue.

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

yes, with the latest update for Parallels Desktop mouse lag issues are resolved. You can refer this article to know more about issues resolved with the latest update.

16. KrisM3

KrisM3 Bit poster

Version 14.1.3 (45485) - home edition (evertything is up to date)
    I have the same problem, when starting my windows 10 virtual machine the mouse disappears and get it back as long as I press Ctrl + Alt. Not able to select of double click it.
    On the host, MAC it all works fine with the mouse.
    1/ shut down Windows virtual machine
    2/ Control Center : settings > Configure > Hardware > Boot Flag > Advanced settings > then add device.usb.mouse=0
    I tried it but without any success.
    report ID 308319368 [but could not find it back]