Parallels 13.3.1 (43365) has messed up printing in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChrisC28, Jun 5, 2018.

1. ChrisC28

ChrisC28 Bit poster

I have been using Parallels to run Adobe Framemaker in several versions of Windows (including Windows 10) successfully for years without one problem. Since installing the latest Parallels, I can't print to postscript without getting Cannot print because the selected default printer is not compatible with Framemaker. (Cannot query escape 768.) errors, and now I notice that the alternative method for creating a PDF from Framemaker, Save as PDF, doesn't fully support Framemaker styles in that in table rows that have styles with tabs in them, text in the following row shows up as hidden in the PDF!!!

What did you guys DO??!!

2. ChrisC28

ChrisC28 Bit poster

I think I need to downgrade to an earlier version of Parallels. Please provide a link to the version that's two version back from 13.3.1 (43365).

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ChrisC28, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow this link to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

4. ChrisC28

ChrisC28 Bit poster

Reinstalled Parallels Tools with no improvement.
    1. The "Print Book" option in Framemaker no longer works, instead it returns a Cannot print because the selected default printer is not compatible with Framemaker. (Cannot query escape 768.) error
    2. The "Save as PDF" option in Framemaker doesn't print tables properly as shown in the attached screen captures. 1.png is how the table should look except that the Note in row 1 is not indented because using a tab to create the indent causes the text in row 2, column 1to become hidden as shown in 2.png.
    Neither of these problems occurred before the last couple of upgrades, which is why I've asked for a link to Parallels that's 2 or 3 versions older so I can downgrade and get back to work.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      140.2 KB
      Views:
  5. ChrisC28

ChrisC28 Bit poster

Hello? Can I get some help with downgrading Parallels? It's pretty urgent.

6. ChrisC28

ChrisC28 Bit poster

WHAT THE HECK? Why can't I get some help with the problems that Parallels has caused? All I'm asking for is a link so I can downgrade to an older version. Man this is awful customer support service!

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know if you are looking to downgrade to previous build or previous version. Also, check if you can print from any other application in Windows.

8. ChrisC28

ChrisC28 Bit poster

I've said five times already that I want to downgrade to a version that's two versions older than the current one. Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed by the poor support I've received thus far.

Please provide the older version so I can get back to work.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Two versions previous to the current version is Parallels Desktop 10. Use this link to download and install Parallels Desktop 10.

10. ChrisC28

ChrisC28 Bit poster

And Parallels support just keeps hitting them out of the park!
    Obviously there are versions of the software that come after 13.0 because I've got 13.3.1. So I want a link to some version of 13 that's two versions or releases under what I have now. Look. if you can't help because you don't understand my request, please stop wasting my time and put me in touch with someone who does.

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Previously we have requested you to confirm if you need a previous build or version for which you've confirmed that you need the previous version. Parallels Desktop 11/12/13 are called versions. Now we understand that you need a previous build. Use this link to download the build 13.2.0-43213.

12. StanT2

StanT2 Bit poster

I had a problem when trying to print from a local usb printer in parallels it would also not print correctly. I was using v13.3.2-43368. The print job would show in the mac printer and would only print after I shut down parallels. If I tried to print from the mac side while parallels was running it would also not print until I shut down parallels. I downgraded to v 13.2.0-43213 and it is working fine again. You must have introduced some problem in the new build. Please look at it and fix it for future builds.