Parallels 13 for Mac: Windows 10 Start Menu not showing after Waking up from Sleep in Coherence mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tattsenglee@gmail.com, Apr 9, 2018.

1. tattsenglee@gmail.com

tattsenglee@gmail.com Junior Member

I am using Parallels 13 for Mac, and have a Windows 10 virtual machine installed.
    Every time after waking my Mac from sleep, the Windows 10 Start Menu will not show when I click on Windows 10 icon in the dock. This happens in Coherence mode. If I press the Command button, the start menu will pop-up on the upper right corner of the screen, but clicking on the Windows 10 icon in the dock doesn't bring up the Start Menu. I have to shutdown Windows 10 and start it up again, then only the Start Menu will work in Coherence.
    To say the least, this is very annoying...

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello tattsenglee@gmail.com, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow http://bit.ly/1jbXVsI to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

3. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

If I could jump in... Mine is installed properly and I get something similar. Have to exit coherence in order to access the menu.
    Should add that it's not just after a sleep, but that may be a situation where it can be replicated. Something definitely happens after a period of time where the menu disappears.

4. MatsI

MatsI Bit poster

I haver the same problem in coherence mode :(