Parallels 13 installation blocked by SIP on High Sierra on 3 iMACS - allow button don't do nothing

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by riversde, Dec 14, 2017.

1. riversde

riversde Bit poster

Hi,

Just to informed I have 3 iMAcs with same behavior when installing PD13 for the first time. I try to allow the extension on System Preferences and the allow button get hit (change to blue) but nothing happens...

My fix is going to recovery and disabled SIP on OSX. But why this is happening? Are you aware of this?

Please advice.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @riversde , does this happen only while installing Parallels Desktop for Mac or any other application on Windows virtual machine.

3. riversde

riversde Bit poster

1st time installing on new systems with high Sierra

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @riversde, please follow these steps to disable SIP:
    1. Restart your Mac.
    2. Before OS X starts up, hold down Command-R and keep it held down until you see an Apple icon and a progress bar. Release. This boots you into Recovery.
    3. From the Utilities menu, select Terminal.
    4. At the prompt type exactly the following and then press Return: csrutil disable
    Terminal should display a message that SIP was disabled.
    5. From the menu, select Restart.
    6. You can re-enable SIP by following the above steps, but using csrutil enable instead.

5. ALAPP

ALAPP Bit poster

Parallels 14 and high sierra installation issues and srarting spplication issues. Disabling SIP worked, all the other work arounds didnt. However, is there a solution coming so we dont have to disable SIP?