Parallels 13 not responding when configure

MarkM24

Bit poster
In Control Center, when I click on the Configure button (gear), the configuration dialog opens but then Parallels becomes unresponsive and I have to Force Quit.
I can successfully start the Windows 10 VM. I would like to change the hardware settings.
I am using Parallels 13 and High Sierra and the VM is Windows 10 Pro Bootcamp partition.
I've tried resetting.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what the issue might be?
 
Thanks for the reply. I am still experience this issue after following your instructions. I assumed you meant "Disk Utility > Mac HD > Run FIRST AID"
Any suggestions on next steps to resolve this issue?
I would like to increase the RAM available to Windows 10. As a temporary workaround, is there a way to change the RAM allocation without going through the configuration menu?

 
Hello @MarkM24 If you try to open a virtual machine configuration what is exactly happening? Are you getting any spinning wheel on the VM Windows? Could you please share some screenshot? You Mac Computer itself freezing or Parallels Desktop?
 
It is working now, my apologizes. I realized this when going through the steps to take screenshots. For what it is worth, the only thing I can think of that I changed recently was turning off FileVault. I believe FileVault was still encrypting when I experienced the issue. Thanks for the help.
 
Good afternoon. Yesterday I did an update of my macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.2) and today Parallels Desktop does not work for me. Access to the application and access is interrupted. Parallels does not respond.
 
I just uninstalled the version I was using (13.1.1-43120). When trying to reinstall there is an update 13.2.0 (43213). I download the update and try to install and Parallels Desktop does not respond.
 
Back
Top