Parallels 13&Win7: launch macOS(10.13) Mail from guest OS freezes iMac completely

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Xeno2, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Xeno2

Xeno2 Bit poster

Hi there,
    I'm writing here because of my dad that uses Parallels for his Windows software on his iMac.

Every time he tries to use freePDF to send a PDF mail thru the macOS mailer his iMac freezes completely.
    freePDF opens the macOS mailer via the EXE created by the guest tools.

Is this a known issue?
    I wonder why the iMac just freezes - no kernel panic - no crash.

Thanks and regards,
    Martin

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

H
    Hi Martin, can you please send us a technical report when the issue happens via Help menu > Send Technical Data... Please post the report ID here.

3. Xeno2

Xeno2 Bit poster

Hi Dmitry,

many thanks for your response.

How should I post the technical report if the iMac freezes and I have to pull the power plug?

I searched on google regarding such Parallels issues, and one thing I found was that the Citrix NetScaler Client makes some trouble:
    https://forum.parallels.com/threads/prl_naptd-mac-crash-with-connected-network.330724/#post-781238

Somehow this thing was also installed on his iMac.

So I removed the Citrix thing from his iMac and also updated to Parallels 13.2.0-43213.

As far as I can remember also the direct print via his USB-connected printer made it freeze.

I also removed all USB-devices from Parallels and configured to "Don't ask, Mac only".

Since his iMac just freezes, I have no idea where to look at. Maybe the Citrix removal already did the job.

I will try to let him reproduce the issue when he is back. Will let you know if my actions helped.

4. Xeno2

Xeno2 Bit poster

fyi: the iMac still freezes on freepdf mailing thru apple mail.

5. Xeno2

Xeno2 Bit poster

After I replaced FreePDF with PDFCreator it seems to work stable. I also updated Win7 to Win10 and installed the current version of Citrix NetScaler Plugin under macOS.