Parallels 14 Mounter not working on Mojave

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by xgrep, Feb 7, 2019.

1. xgrep

xgrep Bit poster

I'm a past Parallels user (and VMware and VirtualBox) evaluating Parallels 14 for possible migration from VirtualBox. It seems fine for my needs (and a lot faster), except that I can't mount any virtual disks on my Mac. I don't need to mount the hdd when the guest isn't running, so didn't try that, but when I try to open my Windows 10 VM by opening the pvm file or the hdd inside it with the Mounter app, nothing happens. I don't know where to look for an error log. I tried installing the Toolbox, but that didn't have anything that helped. Right now, I'm at a loss as to how to proceed, and I don't even know how to submit a support request without Twitter or FaceBook or some other social media tool that I don't use. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Hi @xgrep ,and did you try to reinstall Parallels tools? If not please try and check the issue again.

3. xgrep

xgrep Bit poster

Thanks, that was a good suggestion. And, while I was at it, I uninstalled VirtualBox Guest Additions. And, of course, rebooted in between each operation. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

4. MatthewI2

MatthewI2 Bit poster

I'm having problems with this too.
    I've gotten it to work with my Windows VM. It seemed initially to do nothing, but started working after I reinstalled Parallels Tools.
    No luck so far with my Linux VM (Ubuntu 18.04). I installed Parallels Tools on it (maybe for the first time - the procedure seemed new to me) and the most I've managed to achieve is that a network drive appears:
    upload_2020-1-23_7-42-0.png
    But when I attempt to connect to it, the connection fails and I get error messages such as this one:
    upload_2020-1-23_7-44-1.png
    The specific error messages may differ somewhat depending upon whether the Linux VM is currently running, paused or shut down, but the end result is the same: I don't get a drive to mount in Finder. Meanwhile, the Linux VM itself seems to be working fine - no obvious sign of file system problems there.
    Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?