Parallels 15 on Catalina and Disco Elysium

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by StefanP3, Oct 28, 2019.

1. StefanP3

StefanP3 Bit poster

Hello there,
    after a long time I thought I want to play again some game. And I stumpled upon Disco Elysium which really looks & feels great. No problem there on my windows PC, but I want not to play such a game in my office. So I thought to install Parallels with an Win10 VM. Installed GOG Launcher (Good Old Games) and tried to play Disco Elysium. But the graphics are distored in a weird way. Items which I´m able to interact with are looking fine, but the enviroment is totally pixelised. I mean it looks like an different resolution. Tried a a lot, but can´t work it out until know.

Anyone else tried this game? My Mac is an MacBook Pro Retina 2018 with AMD Radeon Pro 555X.

diona likes this.
  2. MikkoT1

MikkoT1 Bit poster

I have the same model and same issue.

3. SamS13

SamS13 Bit poster

I've been having the same issue on my similarly spec'd 2019 Macbook Pro. Have you happened upon a fix?

4. Hi, please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

5. StefanPetershofer

StefanPetershofer Bit poster

Done. Sent it with this ID 327476164

6. SamS13

SamS13 Bit poster

With the report filed, has there been any progress on a solution?

7. AndrewD11

AndrewD11 Bit poster

Same/similar issue on Mojave. Background is not being rendered properly. ID #328494170.

8. SamS13

SamS13 Bit poster

ID #328495826

9. Hi guys, we've involved Parallels Engineering team in this case and will continue the issue investigation.
    Once we get any updates we will inform you.
    Thank you for your cooperation and provided technical data

10. Thank you and sorry for the delay.
    Please update to the latest build 15.1.2.and check the issue.
    If the issue still persists please collect new tech report and post the is here.

11. SamS13

SamS13 Bit poster

Still running across the same issue. Will post another tech report. I believe the issue is stemming from Parallels having issues either running or accessing Unity's AmplifyTextures extension found within the game file. Not sure how to remedy that one, but if that is the issue, addressing that may open possibilities to allow other games to run via Parallels.

12. SamS13

SamS13 Bit poster

ID 329433828

13. ParallelsU383

ParallelsU383 Bit poster

Any news about this issue?

14. Guys, thank you for the provided info. Parallels Engineering team are working on the resolution. Once we receive any updates or workaround, we will let you know.
    Thank you for your patience.

15. Hello guys, Parallels Desktop update (15.1.3.) has been release yesterday, please update to the latest build and check the issue.
    Let us know the results please.

16. diona

diona Bit poster

I can not run the game either. Starts up but graphics are all messed up, after a while it freezes and after a few minutes wait crashes. I am on the latest version of Parallels on a MacBook Pro with the following specs:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB​

17. SethC2

SethC2 Bit poster

Hi, played this before, but tired, not interested. Adrenaline and excitement is a real topic.

18. Hello, do you still have an issue? What is your Parallels Desktop version?
    If you decide to investigate it please reply us here.