Parallels 15 - Windows 10 - Catalina Question

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SWANDY, Jan 27, 2020.

1. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I have been running Parallels 15 and Windows 10 (32 bit) under Catalina and for the most part it behaves great. Even been playing some older games under Steam that no longer run on Catalina (because they aren't 64 bit). However I see that a lot of upcoming games are requiring a 64 bit processor (which my iMac has) and a 64 bit operating system (which Catalina obviously is but my Windows 10 install isn't). And I don't want to use my current license for Windows to re-install Windows 10 as 64 Bit because I do use several older programs (like Lotus Approach and Microsoft Links Golf) which I believe are 16 bit because of their age and from what I have read Windows 10 (64 bit) will not run 16 bit programs.
    So, if I purchase another Windows 10 license and install the 64 bit version under Parallels - will it run well enough to actually run newer 64 bit games or should I install the Windows 10 64 bit under Bootcamp? And if I do install it under Bootcamp, will it be able to handle the newer 64 bit games.
    Thanks, Steve