Parallels 16 is crashing my 2019 MBA

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MattP10, Sep 8, 2020.

1. MattP10

MattP10 Bit poster

I installed the latest Big Sur beta on my 2019 MBA and now every time I try to run Parallels (that has win10 running), my computer locks up and completely reboots. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Parallels with no luck. Parellels 16 and Big Sur were working fine together until I installed the latest beta update. anyone else have this issue? if so, any resolutions? Thanks.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We suggest you change the hypervisor to Apple under VM configuration > Hardware > CPU & Memory> Advanced > Hypervisor > Apple then check.

3. RolandG5

RolandG5 Bit poster

I have the same problem, but can't change Hypervisor because Windows is in sleep mode... What can I do?

4. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version?

5. MarkR25

MarkR25 Bit poster

We see that you found 2 entries that are matched with the hypervisor in config.pvs. Please follow the instructions below.

1. <EnableAdaptiveHypervisor>1</EnableAdaptiveHypervisor> please change it as <EnableAdaptiveHypervisor>0</EnableAdaptiveHypervisor>

2. <HypervisorType>1</HypervisorType> please keep it as it is.

In regards to your query about binary values 1 and 0 in config.pvs, 1 means Apple.

6. Please do not forget to update your Parallels Desktop to the latest build 16.0.1.
    Share with us your results please.
    Looking forward to your reply.

7. MarkR25

MarkR25 Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    I did and it helped, got my laptop unstuck!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  8. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@MarkR25 Good to know that the issue is resolved. Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.