Parallels 16 upgrade crashed Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by philm8, Aug 12, 2020.

1. philm8

philm8 Bit poster

I tried this upgrade twice. When toolbox tries to install I get an error message telling me to reboot. When windows comes back it comes back low res and mouse disappears when you move it into the frame. Then you get an error message telling you that Windows cannot find your desktop and to run a network problem solver. That does nothing. Neither does following the recommendations of the Knowlege base article that support sends you. I used Time Machine to restore Parallels 15. but I also had to restore my Windows image file because whatever the upgrade did, it also queered my Windows installation. Second round produced the same results, so my recommendation to anyone considering this upgrade is forget it.

2. Hello, could you please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

3. philm8

philm8 Bit poster

Hello Maria,
    I sent several reports to your support team, of which I don't have copies that I know of. We tried everything and finally concluded that there were corrupt windows files that could not be repaired. I re-installed and everything works fine using 16. Your support people were execeptional.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. Thanks a lot for sharing your results with us and other users here!
    Let us know if you have any additional questions.