Parallels 18 TPM Chip Installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RobertD19, Aug 9, 2022.

1. RobertD19

RobertD19 Bit poster

Hi Gents
    Can anyone help me I was running Parallels 17 on that I could install a TPM Chip for Installation of Windows 11 I am running Windows 10 Pro Virtual machine at the moment , Part of the Process was changing my Virual Machine Windows 10 from Legacy Bios to UEFI Bios which I have found links for , I never got around to installing Windows 11 , can this be done in Parallels 18 as checking for the TPM Chip in the drop down menu it seems to be missing.
    The reason why I dont want to install a New Virtuual 11 Machine from start is I have many Softwares on my Computer that they are download once only they are not on CD , can I still Update to Windows 11 in Parallels 18 if I manage to change the Bios from Legacy to UEFI.

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello RobertD19, please refer to the knowledge base article to install Parallels Desktop 17 windows 11. Thanks.

3. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello, Kindly note that if you are running the Parallels version 18/17 with Windows 10 > Legacy BIOS, then upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11 is not currently possible, as the Windows 10 VM requires a UEFI BIOS to upgrade to Windows 11. Please refer to this link - TPM for the same. Thanks.