I'm using Parallels 3 build 5626, WinXP SP3, and Mac OS 10.4.11. In the Parallels settings, I'm using the shared networking setting to connect to the internet. Browsing the internet is not a problem. Downloading Gmail is the problem for me.
When in XP under Parallels, I cannot download Gmail via pop3 when using either Thunderbird or Outlook Express or the Windows Live Mail software application.
I am able to download email via pop3 from Inbox.com. The difference is that I have to use SSL port 995 for the pop3 settings for Gmail, but don't have to use that SSL settings for the other email. I think the problem is related to SSL or the port, but I don't really know???
Yes, I can use Gmail's webmail in a browser, but I want to download the Gmail using the email software in XP.
If I'm not using XP with Parallels, I can download Gmail pop3 email using Thunderbird when I'm only in Mac OS 10.4.11.
But it's a "no go" when in XP under Parallels -- and get the same negative results when trying to download Gmail in Windows 7 beta under Parallels.
Any help would be appreciated....
When in XP under Parallels, I cannot download Gmail via pop3 when using either Thunderbird or Outlook Express or the Windows Live Mail software application.
I am able to download email via pop3 from Inbox.com. The difference is that I have to use SSL port 995 for the pop3 settings for Gmail, but don't have to use that SSL settings for the other email. I think the problem is related to SSL or the port, but I don't really know???
Yes, I can use Gmail's webmail in a browser, but I want to download the Gmail using the email software in XP.
If I'm not using XP with Parallels, I can download Gmail pop3 email using Thunderbird when I'm only in Mac OS 10.4.11.
But it's a "no go" when in XP under Parallels -- and get the same negative results when trying to download Gmail in Windows 7 beta under Parallels.
Any help would be appreciated....