Parallels 5.0 disables three, third party applications

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by CarlT, Jun 5, 2010.

1. CarlT

CarlT Bit poster

Parallels 5.0 has disabled three of my 3rd party applications. Mac Pro OS X Leopard 10.5.8 is my Host, Windows XP, service pack 3, is the guest.

GoldWave v5.56 is a professional digital audio editor that plays, records, edits, processes, and converts audio on my computer. The application worked flawlessly with Parallels Desktop for Mac 3.0, as well as, Parallels Desktop for Mac 4.0 When I upgraded to Parallels 5.0 GoldWave no longer recorded music.

Sam 2 is a professional Broadcast Software and DJ System (<www.spacialaudio.com>). It supported all major streaming servers. The application worked flawlessly with Parallels Desktop for Mac 3.0, as well as, Parallels Desktop for Mac 4.0 When I upgraded to Parallels 5.0 Sam 2 no longer connected to any streaming servers. Why are these two software applications important to me?

I webcasted a music program over the Internet. GoldWave allowed to me record and save the program in real time. Sam 2 was the conduit to the streaming server. Without Sam 2, I couldn't connect to the server. Both of these software applications are Windows based. Neither is Mac compatible. The streaming server itself was also Windows based. Sam 2 was so good, I increased my upload and download speed to eliminate buffering.

Last month I bought ResScan 3.10 I have Sleep Apnea, a sleeping disorder. This software program allows me to monitor my sleep apnea therapy from home. I can download information to my computer using the ResMed Data card. I successfully installed the software and drivers. Parallels 5.0 won't download the data. ResScan 3.10 is also Windows based. It is not Mac compatible.

I successfully uninstalled and re-installed Parallels 5.0, Windows XP, GoldWave, Sam 2 and ResScan 3.10 All the drivers and updates occurred automatically. I even checked them manually to make sure. All 3 software applications' icons are on the Windows XP desktop. None are in the Parallels Shared Folders.

Now what? Give up on Parallels 5.0 and go back to Parallels Desktop for Mac 4.0? VMware Fusion 3.1? Apple's Boot Camp?

Thanks to one and all who spent time reading this lengthy tome :) Carl