Parallels 5 Desktop can't install Tools under Windows 7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by eleeptg, Nov 4, 2009.

1. kelly crowell

kelly crowell Junior Member

same problem, windows 7 32-bit

Parallels tools installation hangs at "Publishing product information". Have tried uninstalling an entry for Parallels Tools in control panel, rebooting, reinstalling while logged on as Admin. No luck.

Have to downgrade and hopefully things will work again as this is a work computer and a lot of what pays my bills is needed to be done under effing windows 7.

Not a happy customer.

2. NelM

NelM Bit poster

Cannot boot up or install tools Windows 7 guest OS on Parallels 5 for Mac

I have just installed Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac on my machine and have tried to install Windows 7. I am stuck on a black screen which reads:
    SCSI controller is not installed
    Network bootrom is installed
    Trying to boot from Primary Master IDE drive...
    BOOTMGR is missing
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

It also tells me that Parallels Tools are not installed.

I have tried all day to install these tools to no avail. I can locate them on my Mac HD, but opening them goes nowhere. I have rebooted the machine numerous times. The screen never changes. THe BOOTMGR file on my Windows 7 disk is there, but in grey. If anyone can help....

3. ann shi

ann shi Bit poster

aghh same thing! stuck at publishing product information. I also had a problem when trying to install autocad 2009. While it was installing C++ it would hang at "publishing product information"

then internet connection works half the time.

4. MattA

MattA Bit poster

I'm having the same problem - Tools constantly re-installing itself...

I had it all working yesterday, then today it just broke. Am using Boot Camp as the Parallels drive, and also connected to our domain earlier today which may have something to do with it.

Have logged a support call with Parallels and been told it's a 24 hour response time. We'll see what happens...