Paul Emerton
Bit poster
I have a Snow Leopard server, fully updated, with macs attached to Open Directory.
Parallels 5 is installed on one of the Macs. When Parallels is installed, users try to log on to the network and get the message "you are unable to log in to the user account "useraccount" at this time. Logging in the the account failed because an error occurred".
The error is caused by Parallels - that was oproven after spending long hours this weeked rebuilding the server and rebuilding the Mac - several times, in the latter case. Testing (build a new install, fully update, connect to directory, everything working perfectly, install parallels, "You are unable to log in etc etc .....". The server logs give no indication of what caused the error.
Deleting Parallels did not cure the problem - a full reinstall was required.
This was raised for Parallels 4 but no-one replied and no answer was provided: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=88501&highlight=unable+login+time.
However, has anyone else come across this problem and more importantly, has anyone got a solution, please?
Until recently, I was using the a Mac Pro as a combined-server-and-client ie the machine was a server and I used it as the workhorse, too. This worked intermittently - after some months, the "user unable to log in ..." error occurred and so a rebuild was required. Recently, I moved the server to its own machine and am using the Mac Pro as a client and the error occured soon after the new arrangement was implemented. I really need to access the Windows virtual PC I had running in Parallels but do not want to lose the network, either.
Parallels 5 is installed on one of the Macs. When Parallels is installed, users try to log on to the network and get the message "you are unable to log in to the user account "useraccount" at this time. Logging in the the account failed because an error occurred".
The error is caused by Parallels - that was oproven after spending long hours this weeked rebuilding the server and rebuilding the Mac - several times, in the latter case. Testing (build a new install, fully update, connect to directory, everything working perfectly, install parallels, "You are unable to log in etc etc .....". The server logs give no indication of what caused the error.
Deleting Parallels did not cure the problem - a full reinstall was required.
This was raised for Parallels 4 but no-one replied and no answer was provided: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=88501&highlight=unable+login+time.
However, has anyone else come across this problem and more importantly, has anyone got a solution, please?
Until recently, I was using the a Mac Pro as a combined-server-and-client ie the machine was a server and I used it as the workhorse, too. This worked intermittently - after some months, the "user unable to log in ..." error occurred and so a rebuild was required. Recently, I moved the server to its own machine and am using the Mac Pro as a client and the error occured soon after the new arrangement was implemented. I really need to access the Windows virtual PC I had running in Parallels but do not want to lose the network, either.