I have been digging around for a while, and can't find other references to this problem. I have re-tried things a couple of times and have verified that with a CLEAN install of Leopard, after installing build 5160 my permissions are messed up on my root directory.
I tried this 2 times, and in both cases the ONLY change I made was run the 5160 install. Before, all is ok. Afterward, I have the problem where root folders on my local HD have the "You have custom access" rather than "You can read and write" (when getting info). The folders are personal ones. I am admin (only account on the machine).
I tried running disk utility repair permissions (took 45 minutes, no success in these areas).
I tried creating a new admin account and using it. No success.
I tried batchMod to manually re-assign permissions. No luck.
Parallels itself appeared to run fine, but I didn't keep it long to find out. I am mainly concerned with how it was messing with the other stuff in 10.5. I have since re-imaged and am now waiting to hear before trying to reinstall Parallels again.
Just wondering if anyone could confirm that "Yes, I have that problem, too", or "No, I don't have any permissions problems like this after installing Parallels." I am on a MBP, so if you are as well that would help eliminate variables.
I tried this 2 times, and in both cases the ONLY change I made was run the 5160 install. Before, all is ok. Afterward, I have the problem where root folders on my local HD have the "You have custom access" rather than "You can read and write" (when getting info). The folders are personal ones. I am admin (only account on the machine).
I tried running disk utility repair permissions (took 45 minutes, no success in these areas).
I tried creating a new admin account and using it. No success.
I tried batchMod to manually re-assign permissions. No luck.
Parallels itself appeared to run fine, but I didn't keep it long to find out. I am mainly concerned with how it was messing with the other stuff in 10.5. I have since re-imaged and am now waiting to hear before trying to reinstall Parallels again.
Just wondering if anyone could confirm that "Yes, I have that problem, too", or "No, I don't have any permissions problems like this after installing Parallels." I am on a MBP, so if you are as well that would help eliminate variables.