Parallels 6, bootcamp, no network

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by nfw, Sep 10, 2010.

1. nfw

nfw Bit poster

With a fresh install of P6.
    I converted my bootcamp win7 64 bit partition.
    I have installed/uninstalled and re-installed Parallels tools but no network.
    In parallels, the device manager lists the device as
    Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connections and its failed because windows cannot load the drivers.

Any thoughts?

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hm. Please try to delete the failing device in Win Device Manager (without deleting drivers) and then press F5-button to force windows refresh hardware list

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

4. nfw

nfw Bit poster

after uninstalling the drive and re-installing P6 tools it appears to be working.
    What happened: I installed P6 on an existing BOOTCAMP Window7 partition
    and it crashed my vm (BSOD) at startup.
    I had drivers for EVGA Plus U19 installed and working. I uninstalled them and B6 worked.
    The EVGA Plus u19 used DisplayLink drivers to support USB connected monitors.

I guess the question is should I re-install the EVGA drivers? Do you think they should work?

5. Blueberry

Blueberry Bit poster

Network connection problem with Code 31

I have Windows 7 running fine in a bootcamp partition--including network connectivity.

After installing Parallels 6 and setting up my bootcamp partition as a virtual machine, within the virtual machine I get no network connection. The post here:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/8865

*exactly* describes the problem I am having ("Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection: The device is not working properly because Windows is not able to load necessary drivers. (Code 31)), but the "fix" given in the post accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Fortunately I be able to run Windows 7 under bootcamp. I've fought with this Parallels 6 bug for hours and am giving up.

6. Erubia

Erubia Bit poster

I've the exactly same scenario. But the following also did not quite worked for me:

The following procedure though worked:
    - go to device manager
    - select failing network device
    - right click and remove it (including driver)
    - then click on "Check for Hardware Changes"

Windows should automatically re-install the driver.

Hope that helps.

7. BartP

BartP Bit poster

Thanks!

Thanks Erubia,

That worked perfectly and saved me a lot of time, I'm sure.

Cheers.