Paul Barnard
Member
I have a windows 7 VM that got full while trying to install Visual Studio. I went through the resize process but it failed with a message that there were snap shots. I have never used snapshots...
I restored a back up from before the size got too big and tried to resize from there and get an error message "Failed to resize the virtual hard disk. An internal error occured(sic) while resizing the disk." The details say "Resizing failed. An error occurred during the operation: internal error (0x0000000a)"
The VM still runs just fine and I did a check disk from Windows and no problems. Still the resize fails with the same message.
I then used transporter to create a new VM from the existing VM. And yes that also gives the same error.
Any ideas? I really don't want to create a new VM and reinstall everything.
I restored a back up from before the size got too big and tried to resize from there and get an error message "Failed to resize the virtual hard disk. An internal error occured(sic) while resizing the disk." The details say "Resizing failed. An error occurred during the operation: internal error (0x0000000a)"
The VM still runs just fine and I did a check disk from Windows and no problems. Still the resize fails with the same message.
I then used transporter to create a new VM from the existing VM. And yes that also gives the same error.
Any ideas? I really don't want to create a new VM and reinstall everything.