Parallels 6 - MS Live Meeting

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Mike ESW, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Mike ESW

Mike ESW Bit poster

Hello,

I am trying to get MS Live Meeting working in Windows 7 x64. It was working in Parallels 5, but since upgrading to Parallels 6 it has stopped working.

After a meeting is started the system locks up and the Parallels install shows that there is disk activity. The only way to get the system to work again is to force Parallels to quit or to hard reset the system.

Troubleshooting steps included:
    - Disable Aero
    - reduced the resolution of the screen
    - Upgrade to newest release and upgraded the Parallels tools in the OS.
    - Converted to a fixed HD.
    - In Parallels 5 I had to change the Smart Mouse mode to get Live Meeting to work properly, I changed this setting back to Auto.

Is anyone else having this problem? Did you resolve the issue?

2. Geesu

Geesu Member

I just made my own post w/the exact same issue, I should have searched. I'm having the *exact* same issue on Windows XP when I try to host a meeting :/ It's parallels 6 for sure

3. serv

serv Forum Maven

Mike,

Are you hosting a meeting in VM or is VM acting as a client?
    Is your VM in Windowed or Coherence mode?
    What do you mean, "after a meeting is started the system locks up"? Guest Windows does not respond to keyboard/mouse, Parallels Desktop application does not respond/spins a beach ball, or entire OS X hangs?
    Please generate a Problem Report via Parallels Help menu (preferably when Live Meeting hangs) and post report ID here.

In the meantime you can try disabling 3D acceleration via Virtual Machine > Configure > Hardware > Video settings.

4. beta_mike.pearcy

beta_mike.pearcy Bit poster

More information.

The VM is acting as the host.

I was running the Live Meeting in Windows mode when having this problem.

The system not responding is typically a spinning beach ball and the system OSX and Parallels becomes unresponsive. It might take 2-3 minutes for the force quit window to come up.

I'll post the report and try the video settings.

Thanks,
    Mike.

5. beta_mike.pearcy

More information.

The VM is acting as the host.

I was running the Live Meeting in Windows mode when having this problem.

The system not responding is typically a spinning beach ball and the system OSX and Parallels becomes unresponsive. It might take 2-3 minutes for the force quit window to come up.

I'll post the report and try the video settings.

Thanks,
    Mike.

6. beta_mike.pearcy

Report ID

I tried it again with out using 3D acceleration and it worked for a minute or two before locking up.

I was able to get 2 crash reports to generate.

ID 6691264 and 6691271

Hope these help.

Mike

7. serv

serv Forum Maven

Thanks Mike, we've reproduced the issue internally and will investigate.

8. moas

moas Junior Member

Parallels 6

I am unable to conduct a livemeeting without the system freezing up or BSOD. I'm running the latest patched version of parallels 6, and the latest patched version of livemeeting 2007.

My computer is a macbook pro 13" 2.53Ghz, core duo 2 model, 8 GB of DDR3 RAM with 4 GB assigned to the virtual host.

9. Gavin Williams

Gavin Williams Bit poster

Bump

I have called in about this issue over a month ago...is there a resolution yet? I cannot conduct Live Meetings with out the VM locking up...I have to continue to use Fusion for my day to day business.

10. NestorH

NestorH Member

While I'm not having any problems running Live Meeting in Parallels, I am having problems using the "Call" feature. It doesn't work in Office Communicator either. I posted this as a problem in a separate post but never got a response. Hoping it might get some attention here as it might be related.