Parallels 6 screen flicker

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Jeremy Bernstein, Sep 17, 2010.

1. pippel

pippel Bit poster

yes, here too. new update didn't help. every 30-60 sec flickering. working is not possible !!!
    iMac i7, 27; Guest Windows 7. I disabeled 3D and vertical synchronisation without success. still flickering. I had no problems with parallels 5, only with 6 !

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

Try disabling time synchronization here:
    Parallels menu > Virtual Machine > Configure > Options tab > Advanced > uncheck Time: Synchronize with Mac

3. pippel

pippel Bit poster

thanks, i think it solved the flickering problem !

4. pippel

pippel Bit poster

i think it also solved another problem in Office 2003. eg Excel, switched every 10-20 sec to the standard printer. After deactivating the time synchronisation, Excel stays at the printer i want and did never switches back to the standard printer.

5. Jeremy Bernstein

Jeremy Bernstein Member

Unbelievable -- as I suspected, the freezing bug and the screen flicker are related. What it has to do with Time Syncronization is totally unclear, but I hope that the Parallels engineers are working on a resolution of these issues: I like time sync, too...

6. Michael Becker

Michael Becker Bit poster

I disabled time synchronisation, it helped.

But now I have the question: is there a way to sync manually? (Other than setting the time in Windows manually)

Thanks and regards,
    Michael

7. Jeremy Bernstein

Jeremy Bernstein Member

8. Michael Becker

Michael Becker Bit poster

Still not solved in 6.0.11994

9. sandyf

sandyf Bit poster

Screen "Flicker" or "twitch"

I'm running parallels 6 on a brand new MBP (dual core processor, 8mb ram) running windows 7. While operating in coherence mode all my windows applications "jump" up about a half inch from from the bottom of the screen, this happens a few times a minute - irritating to say the least. I can't be sure but it sounds like what others are experiencing here on this thread, which scares me because this problem goes back 6 months with no resolution. Please tell me there's a fix for this. Pretty Please?

10. PhoenixRebourne

PhoenixRebourne Bit poster

I am having the same issue. I will check this thread, but if you find a resolution and PM me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

11. JoshP

JoshP Bit poster

12. sandyf

sandyf Bit poster

Yay!

This fixed my problem:

Try disabling time synchronization here:
    Parallels menu > Virtual Machine > Configure > Options tab > Advanced > uncheck Time: Synchronize with Mac

All good

13. Jeremy Bernstein

Jeremy Bernstein Member

Still not fixed in 6.0.12090. Lame, Parallels, very lame. Fix your video driver's interaction with time sync, for crying out loud.

14. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hello, Jeremy!

Please make sure that you have updated Parallels tools. We have made fixes for this problem in build 12090.
    Could you please send us a Problem Report?

Thank you.

15. Jeremy Bernstein

Jeremy Bernstein Member

Still happening on 2 VMs (XP, haven't tested W7). Both the screen flicker (now about once a minute or two instead of every 30s) and the app freezing reported in http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=106131 are still present and 100% reproducible.

I've already created problem reports, spent hours on chat with your customer support, etc. I will do it all again, but only if you promise to fix it.

16. mohdf

mohdf Member

update PD build 12090 and the parallels tools .. but my flickering screen happened in Ubuntu 11.04 VM ... before upgrade it works ok with Ubuntu unity environment ... btw .. im reinstalling PD in lion osx GM ....

17. mohdf

mohdf Member

updated to PD 12092 and its parallels tools in mac osx lion GM ... the unity environment now not working as before after i upgrade the PD

here i attach u a screenshot if i wanna try to login to unity environment

Attached Files:

18. alev

alev Parallels Team

mohdf,
    Problem is in Unity:
    Somebody who code Unity has a though that "Uniform Index" and "Uniform Location" are the same parameters.