Parallels 6 Update Service - HELP.???

Can someone please tell me how to turn off the auto update service in Parallels 6.

I live awwwwway out in the country with only 2 choices for Internet, 28.8 dial-up or 2 way satellite. I have the later. The issue is that the Auto Updater always starts at the most inopportune time, like during the day and then I get throttled back to a crawl. I want to be able to schedule it to run after 12 midnight when the service is wide open.

Please tell me how to do this.... I've looked and read but I can't find it.
 
Hello, Michael!

Use Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> General (hotkey: "Command" + ",")
See Check for Updates settings in this pane.
 
hi I really need help...I literally don't know anything about computers and I don't understand what i'm reading. I bought Parallels version 2.5 i think and i installed it but when i try to open it it says it won't run this version on my computer. i have a mac bookpro Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard. do i need to but one of these updaters or buy a whole new version? i don't want to do the wrong thing and waste more money!
 
Josie, thats a very old version. We're up to version 6 and I'd suggest at least go for 5 for your Leopard. I'd also suggest you upgrade to Snow Leopard first. Then go for Parallels 6.
 
Back
Top