Parallels 6, Win XP - direct connection

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by -ChristianS-, Feb 24, 2012.

1. -ChristianS-

-ChristianS- Junior Member

Hi!

I've got a Macbook Pro and a self-built Hackintosh, both running OS X Lion. On each system I have a virtual machine running Win XP. I now wanted to establish an ethernet connection between both of the virtual machines. (for multiplayer game via LAN)

My problem is: I don't get it to work.

I managed easly to establish a direct ethernet connection (no crossover cable) between the Host OS X. File sharing for example works fine! But when I start the virtual machines on both systems they don't see each other.

I use the "bridged ethernet" and "default adapter" settings for network and both VMs prompt "no connectivity" in the task bar.

Can anyone help me solving this problem? I'm a network noob! :)

2. SakibS

SakibS Hunter

You can choose one of the following types of networking for the virtual machine's network adapter:

The Network Adapter pane of Virtual Machine Configuration allows you to manage the virtual machine's network settings.

1. Shared Networking. Select this option to enable the Network Address Translation (NAT) feature for the virtual machine. In this case, your virtual machine will share whatever network connection is currently used by your physical computer.

2. Bridged Ethernet. Select this option to allow the virtual machine to access the local network and Internet through one of the network adapters installed on the physical computer. In this case, the virtual machine is treated as a stand-alone computer on the network and should be configured in the same way as a real one. You can choose the physical adapter where the virtual machine adapter will be bridged in the drop-down list below the Bridged Ethernet option.

3. Host-Only Networking. Select this option to allow the virtual machine to connect to the physical computer and the virtual machines residing on it and to make it invisible outside the physical computer.

SakibS [​IMG]