Parallels 6 - Windows 7 - trackpad problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by StephenA, Sep 9, 2010.

1. StephenA

StephenA Member

Hi, I have a MacBook Pro, just upgraded to Parallels 6 and am having a problem with the mouse.

I am struggling scrolling with two finger swiping on my trackpad. It worked fine in Parallels 5. Mostly problems scrolling down, up seems to work! Odd.

The Parallels tools were installed in the OS as part of the Parallels 6 upgrade.

Any ideas?

2. Sean Jost

Sean Jost Bit poster

Same problem here. Very irritating.

3. Gregorio

Gregorio Bit poster

Same problem here

Same problem here

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

In which view mode are you working - Window, Coherence, Fullscreen? Does it change if you switch the view mode?

5. David Witkowski

David Witkowski Junior Member

I experienced the same issue after upgrading to 6.

I see it in most applications in Window mode, there is a delay and non-responsiveness using the 2 finger scrolling

Happens in all modes.

6. StephenA

StephenA Member

Happens for me in Window and Full Screen modes. I don't use Coherence so not tried.

I've uninstalled the tools. Rebooted, installed them again etc. Same thing. Actually, with the tools uninstalled it works great! :(

7. Sean Jost

Sean Jost Bit poster

Both scrolling up and down is affected. It does NOT happen in coherence, just full screen and window.

8. David Witkowski

You're right, (Sorry)... it does NOT happen in Coherence, but does in Window and Full Screen...

I haven't tried other directions but again, my experience also is it happens both UP and DOWN.

Seems that if you get it going scrolling it is responsive, it is the first try to scroll which seems to lag/delay or you have to do it more than once to get it to scroll.

9. Tony Linde

Tony Linde Member

Same here

Same problem here. MacbookPro 17in unibody ~18mths old, OS X 10.6.4, Parallels 6, Win7 guest.

Scrolling up and down in Window and Full screen mode is sticky and unreliable using trackpad (two fingers) and almost does not work at all using mouse wheel (lots of scrolling occasionally produces small movement).

Find it hard to believe this was not discovered in testing.

t.

10. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

Same Problem!!! Very irritating!

11. PhilL

PhilL Junior Member

Same problem here. Never had this problem before with Parallels 4 and 5. What's the deal???

12. Araya72

Araya72 Bit poster

Araya

same problem here too very Very irritating!

13. Tony Linde

Tony Linde Member

I've switched to Coherence mode which I can tolerate since the app I mainly use works best maximised but would prefer window and full screen modes.

Would be good if Parallels could confirm this problem and then let us know when a maintenance release is available to fix the issue so I can switch back to preferred modes of working.

t.

14. StephenA

StephenA Member

Just upgraded to the 6.0.11822 version, same problem. I don't know what the difference is between 6.0.1180 and 6.0.1182, but this issue isn't fixed in it.

15. David Witkowski

Hi,
    I updated to 11822 today and I noticed that is it much better in Window mode, tolerable to me, there is a very slight lag, but it is noticeably better, but not as good as before the upgrade from Parallels 5 to 6

16. Tony Linde

Tony Linde Member

Just tried window and full screen modes: still not working after reinstall. Only mode that works is coherence.

17. David Witkowski

Even though I noticed it is somewhat better in windows mode, it still is not usable. there is still a delay and sometimes the scrolling doesn't work at all, but for some reason it sometimes works slightly better than before.

I agree with everyone else, so far in this new build, it has not been fixed.

18. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

Same here. Maybe a slight improvement, but still unacceptable compared to P5.

19. BoonC

BoonC Bit poster

I am also experiencing the same problem, which is very annoying and makes the whole thing unusable and unacceptable.

I have been waiting for this new release with high regard before the 14th after seeing all those improved features and performance claims but this trackpad problem spoils it all. I hereby would like to urge Parallels to please resolve this as soon as possible.

20. Metrowest

Metrowest Junior Member

100% same problem -- can confirm it exists in Windows 7, XP and Ubuntu VM's in a window (only way I run them). When running Windows 7 on Coherence it is not as bad, but it is still not as good as P5.

Anyone also notice that battery life, performance, etc is also worse after P6?