Parallels 6 with Bootcamp Issues

MariosN

Bit poster
Hi,

Will Parallels 6 address the issues of installing a Bootcamp partition with all the drivers and then crashing and forcing a system restore when booting with Parallels 5?

Thanks
 
Has this problem been reported here before?

What does "all the drivers" mean? Which drivers from where?

What crashes - Windows or Parallels? Which version of Windows?

When does it crash?

Have you tried troubleshooting the issue maybe with boot log (/bootlog and /sos options)?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457123.aspx

Maybe there's a driver conflict and all you need to do is identify the driver causing the problem and not install it.

I've never had a problem with using Parallels and a Boot Camp partition (I have 6 Boot Camp partitions, Windows XP x 2, Windows Vista 32/64, Windows 7 32/64).
 
You're right, Maybe a bit more information would be helpful :)

Hardware: iMac 27" Ci5
Software: Mac OS X ver. 10.6.4 running Parallels 5 / Bootcamp Partition running Windows 7 64 bit

After installing Bootcamp and updating drivers to the latest 3.1 i boot back into Mac Partition. When I install parallels 5 and direct it to the Bootcamp partition it will blue screen on start up and force a system restore. When the drivers in the bootcamp partition are removed Parallels will run windows perfectly.

It seems that I can only have one or the other working correctly.

Thanks
 
I didn't have Boot Camp installed when I was using Windows 7 64 bit with Parallels Desktop 5.

Now I installed Boot Camp 3 and updated to Boot Camp 3.1 and it seems to work fine with Parallels Tools and Parallels Desktop 6 (but I installed Boot Camp drivers after installing Parallels Tools so I don't know if that makes a difference).

Are you using the latest Parallels Desktop 5 (9376)?
 
My iMac (10.6.4) was running Windows 7 perfectly if I booted directly from Windows. (Windows partition via Boot Camp is 32 gb) I installed Parallels 5, and Windows crashed. I uninstalled Parallels 5 and reinstalled Windows, and it worked again. Then I installed Parallels 6, and Windows is crashing.

Anyone facing the same issue?
 
Back
Top