1. chocobogamer

chocobogamer Bit poster

Hi, I bought my copy of Parallels 6 on 23 August last year (UK user), meaning that it is still under warranty.

I bought it in the knowledge a new version was around the corner, however, at the time I bought it as the "current" version, knowing that it worked as confirmed by yourselves before I purchased, at least in part and fully in every way I required, with Lion.

I upgraded to Mountain Lion, to find this software useless with it. There is no reason that Parallels 6 shouldn't work with Mountain Lion if it works with Lion

I was not offered any upgrade to version 7 despite in other threads there being comments from mods of this being the case for those who bought around release, however, I do feel that as my software is under warranty, I should be entitled to a working copy (ie upgrade), as this can now be considered not working/not as described - as its something in your coding telling the computer not to run it, like it was installed to a PowerPC based Mac, and not the OS stopping it.

update: i have just found a page saying i was eligible for free upgrade, however, even though i registered i was not emailed to make me aware of this, i feel this wasn't a fair upgrade offer, and feel i should be entitled still to this upgrade as i can prove date of purchase, registration etc

Thankyou for your help

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012