1. TheAngryPenguin

TheAngryPenguin Member

I haven't been able to reproduce this particular issue after numerous restarts, but a new one appears to have popped up. The keyboard has really been acting strange since the update. Sometimes certain hotkeys are randomly triggered (e.g. WinKey+E to open Windows Explorer). I've even had the WinKey+TAB combination trigger Windows' Aero Task switcher, even though I have Command mapped to the WinKey (which is a default mapping), and Command + TAB should instead launch OS X's task switcher. Disabling Copy & Paste in the VM's settings seems to have fixed it for the time being.

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Guys, would you please check if PD 8 Update 1 fixes the issue for everyone?

3. CoreyW

CoreyW Junior Member

Confirmed, for me at least, it seems to fix the problems. Starts up in the proper space and everything! Thanks!

4. PC Mac Dr

PC Mac Dr Bit poster

How about us PD7 users

"Guys, would you please check if PD 8 Update 1 fixes the issue for everyone? "

Look I know for us PD7 users who didn't pay for the update ( not upgrade, IMO ) have still NOT received a proper update to fix this issue that has been long over due and if we are ignored, then maybe we should all be given PD 8 upgrades Serials for FREE.

This should have been done LONG LONG LONG time ago for us ALL

Give us a break for being loyal

5. TheAngryPenguin

TheAngryPenguin Member

Something about the update totally messed up my keymappings (which I have never customized). I had to go to Preferences > Shortcuts and select Restore Defaults. Nonetheless, my VMs have been consistently launching on the designated desktop since the update.

6. tomorrow

tomorrow Bit poster

Fix for Parallels Desktop 7

So are PD7 users supposed to "upgrade" to PD8 to get this fix? Pathetic!

7. TheAngryPenguin

TheAngryPenguin Member

You can't expect a vendor to provide updates to older versions of their software, so you need to make sure they hear your dissatisfaction and make them respond accordingly. While posting here was a good start, you should also report the problem and request support (both can be done from the Help Menu). At one point in time, PD7 did not have this bug. They should be on the hook for releasing a final build of PD7 that resolves this issue. Granted, this isn't a security bug, but even so, Microsoft still supports Windows XP (which is what, 3 major versions old now) with bug fixes and updates -- so there's no reason that Parallels can't close out PD7 with one last build that is as bug free as possible.