Parallels 7 Install - Can't press Command-H to hide

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Geesu, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Geesu

Geesu Member

So I just upgraded to Parallels 7 and I've been trying to press command-H to hide the window. Of course it now fails.

I looked around at the Preferences -> Keyboard and disabled everything, but it still won't allow me to press command-h to hide my VM window.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Geesu

Geesu Member

anyone? no1 else does this?

3. Craig Givant

Craig Givant Member

Works fine for me. Thanks for the tip.. lol

I have been:

Holding control-option to bring up the mac task bar, right clicking on the Parallels Icon and clicking "hide". This minimizes the guest and then subsequently clicking on the Parallels Icon restores the Guest.

Probably not what you are wanting to hear but it works.

4. Geesu

Geesu Member

The point of typing command-H is for it to be quick ;) And to not use the mouse.

Definitely not a solution. I hate how they changed this in parallels 7, I don't understand why they would change base operating system functionality (every application replies to command-H).

I even tried to set command-H to hide/show under Keyboard, but that then changes the system-wide shortcut to ONLY work w/parallels, which is stupid.

5. Craig Givant

Craig Givant Member

Geesu,

Maybe I wasn't clear but the Command-H does in fact work on my machine. Can't offer a reason as to why it doesn't work for you?

And, Yes, much faster to use your way. Seems simple but I never knew about that functionality.

Thanks and good luck resolving your issue.

6. Geesu

Geesu Member

What version of windows? I'm doing XP Pro

7. Craig Givant

Craig Givant Member

7 Enterprise..

Shouldn't make any difference tho should it? Like you stated this is core functionality and I don't believe it should be Guest specific at all.

8. craigminah

craigminah Bit poster

Same problem here...can't make Parallels 7 hide and I have other apps open on my Mac (which is a requirement by OSX I believe). Annoying to say the least.

9. MerillE

MerillE Bit poster

Seemed fine for me, what version are you running?

10. craigminah

craigminah Bit poster

I applied the newest update and I can command-h hide Parallels v7. Yay.