Hi there
I have an IMAC which has a 256GB SSD main drive, 1TB secondary drive and a usb drive connected.
I have Parallels 7 installed on Lion - All fully updated.
Ever 2-5 minutes, both mechanical drives spin up (even though neither parallels or the windows 7 pvd is installed on them) even when Parallels is not loaded. As the SSD is silent, this becomes very annoying.
Diagnostics show that a process called prl_disp_service is accessing these drives. I can't see why it would be doing this (especially as Parallels is not loaded).
Is there any way to stop this or tell Parallels to ignore other drives attached to the system?
Many thanks
Drew
I have an IMAC which has a 256GB SSD main drive, 1TB secondary drive and a usb drive connected.
I have Parallels 7 installed on Lion - All fully updated.
Ever 2-5 minutes, both mechanical drives spin up (even though neither parallels or the windows 7 pvd is installed on them) even when Parallels is not loaded. As the SSD is silent, this becomes very annoying.
Diagnostics show that a process called prl_disp_service is accessing these drives. I can't see why it would be doing this (especially as Parallels is not loaded).
Is there any way to stop this or tell Parallels to ignore other drives attached to the system?
Many thanks
Drew