Parallels 7 Remote Desktop Sound Bug

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by operator911, Jul 26, 2012.

1. operator911

operator911 Junior Member

I think it is a neat trick that Parallels 7 can now route sound from a Windows session to a remote session, such as on the iPad or iPhone.

However, I have noted that when doing this, sound still plays back on the original machine on which the Parallels session is hosted.

Similarly, even if I log into that windows session using remote desktop (NOT using the parallels application), audio then is heard on the local machine hosting the windows session even when it should not. As an example, under normal circumstances when you log in by remote desktop to a host, that host then displays a BLANK login screen, audio is routed to the remote client, and is NOT PLAYED BACK ON THE HOST. This is not the case in Parallels 7! The audio plays back both at the client and at the host, the latter of which should be silent and showing no outward signs of what is happening within the session.

This is decidedly a bug!!! This did not occur under Parallels 6. I could login from work to a windows session on my laptop running Parallels at home and work from it, and sounds would not disturb my wife who was sitting next to the laptop at home during the day! Now she will hear random noises from Outlook or Word as I open and save files etc etc.

Please fix!!!