Parallels 7 takes up too much ram

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by jeannie61, Oct 13, 2011.

1. jeannie61

jeannie61 Bit poster

Hi there,
    I am still trying out the Parallels 7 and I seem to be having some problems. The cpu is so high that I can hardly do anything else on my computer without it freezing - especially my outlook. It's really frustrating because I want to upgrade my lg telephon and can't because it needs 512 mb and only has about 200mb. Has anybody got any idea what I can do about this. If I only run mac then everything is fine.

Thank you,
    jeannie

2. skype-Acuity.satya

skype-Acuity.satya Banned

Hi have you checked with other windows system , whcih will identify the root cause .[​IMG]

if yours cpu utilization is high means you have install something which need more resource or system is infected with virus .

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  3. jeannie61

jeannie61 Bit poster

I have had this problem since I installed Parallels 7. It is pro_vm_app which is taking up all my resource and this is really annoying. In fact it is so annoying that I'm thinking of not buying the new parallels but going back to using my windows 7 and mc separately, because I had far less problems. However, i would hate to do this because I am very happy with parallels if it wasn't for the high resource which it apparently needs ;-)
    I would really appreciate it if someone could help me because time is running out on my trial.
    Jeannie

4. skype-Acuity.satya

5. jeannie61

jeannie61 Bit poster

I'm just going to check the requirements when I go back to Mac. My mac is barely a year old.
    Could it be that parallels stopped working properly because the trail version ran out? Due to the fact that the trial version wasn't long enough and I wasn't happy with it any more I then downloaded another trial version. If it was all due to this then I wouldn't be too worried about buying parallels 7 but at the moment where everything freezes - in particular my office outlook 2007 - I just want to find the problem first.
    It did in fact always tell me that the the cpu was too high but it was never so bad that everything shut down.

6. skype-Acuity.satya

please let me know ( it needs 512 mb and only has about 200mb) this is disk space or RAM .
    IF ram then How much RAM assigned to Parallels 7[​IMG]

7. jeannie61

jeannie61 Bit poster

So, I had a look and everything is fine from my computers point of view;-)
    System memory says pro_vm_app takes up about 660 mb.
    If I', not using parallels system memory uses 1,68 GB. When using parallels the it uses ....... have to look first.

8. jeannie61

jeannie61 Bit poster

when I have parallels on and I am not using any program me in windows, then my system memory is using 3,22 GB but this usually goes up the longer it is left on. I have 4 GB which I can use.

9. skype-Acuity.satya

how much RAM assigned to Parallels 7,[​IMG]

if it is less than 1 gb try to increase 2.5 gb

10. jeannie61

jeannie61 Bit poster

parallels has 127,0 mb
    prl_vm_app has 865 MB

Does that help??!!