Parallels 7 with Mountain Lion using 140% CPU

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by freeranger, Jul 25, 2012.

1. freeranger

freeranger Bit poster

Hello,

I upgraded to mountain lion this morning and now Parallels is hammering the CPU on my MBA, using 140% according to activity monitor. All I am running is a browser in the VM!

How can I fix this?

2. freeranger

freeranger Bit poster

Does anyone from parallels read these forums? Some help would be appreciated.

3. jamdalu

jamdalu Bit poster

Steve Jobs was right about Flash - this took my CPU from 800% to 15%

My VM was hitting 800% CPU with contant fan after migrating to Mountain Lion. I tried everythig on the forums and here is what worked for me:

1- Make sure Parallels tools and all Windows 7 updates and patches are installed

2 - If you are using a VM that was migrated from bootcamp (do not follow this step if you are still using bootcamp) uninstall the bootcamp drivers - you can find the program by going to control panel and look for program and features.

2 - Look for Flash 32 bit (also in the control panel) - open and delete the local cache option - (look for a button that says delete all and click it).

3 - Change the flash privacy to the middle option it starts with "Ask me..." Mine was set to allow sites to save...

Restart the VM if necessary - the cpu is no longer hammering at crazy percentages and you are back to normal.