Parallels 8 through Bootcamp - Windows 7 Activation / Licensing Nightmare!

PietroA

Bit poster
Okay been working on this for 3 straight days and its been a nightmare. I installed Parallels 8, and pointed it to use my Boot camp partition that was already established. This way its only way there is only ONE installation of W7, and it shouldn't be a problem. WRONG. Right away there was validation warnings... I re-entered my CD KEY for Windows 7 to make it quiet and it now says that it is counterfeited. I've called Windows and they said I need two licenses, plus they can't even fix my boot camp activation cause it did something funky where they don't have access to a phone activation option. So I have $300 dollar W7 CD coaster! Plus I the same issue has happened to my AUTOCAD software... where it wants another license and that license is already in use! Really frustrated right now!
 
hey adam thank you for that link. I gave up and will try this in a couple weeks when i get back to my house.

thanks!
 
Back
Top