Parallels 9 and El Capitan

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Gareth_Davies, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Gareth_Davies

Gareth_Davies Junior Member

I've owned Parallels 9 for less than 18 months having purchased it as a full (non upgrade) version.
    I've received an email from Parallels telling me that Parallels 9 will not work with El Capitan.
    El Capitan is, amongst other things, an essential OS security update.
    I really don't think it is acceptable that software I bought as a "full" version 18 months ago is rendered useless.
    As worryingly, if I do upgrade I will lose features such as VM memory limits above 8GB that I have with Parallels 9.
    I'm not asking for new features but losing features is really unacceptable.
    Parallels should make the no doubt very basic and easy tweaks to Parallels 9 to enable it to work with El Capitan. Expecting a company to support software that was for sale just over a year ago is not unreasonable.
    I'm on the verge of giving Fusion a go as free trial and the switching to Fusion if it works out in terms of usability.
    The support and purchase model used by Parallels is unreasonable - money does not come easily to me and I have to work hard for what I earn. Spending more money on Parallels software would, aside from losing features, stick in my throat as if I was a willing victim of a scam.

Aurel and JohnZ2 like this.