Parallels 9 and windows 7 pro reinstalled on retina MBP 13 inch OSX 10.9.3

Dacnsy

Bit poster
I am no expert, but I have just transferred Parallels 9 with win 7 pro onto my new MBP retina 13 inch OSX 10.9.3. from my old MBP also on OSX 10.9.3. Initially Parallels and win 7 would not display correctly at all. Some text was huge and some microscopically small. Eventually i went into Parallels win 7 pro configure and set the video at 'scaled'. It had been on 'best for retina'. Everything works great now and displays properly. I am just trying to help anyone else out there who may try and do the same. If I have flouted any rules on this forum; i.e. this is already written down somewhere then apologies, I did search but I couldn't come up with anything. Hope this helps someone.
 
Hi Dacnsy,

Thank you for posting your solution with Virtual Machine display resolution issues on Mac with Retina display when using Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Please refer http://kb.parallels.com/114700 for more information on Virtual Machine display resolution issues on portable Macs with Retina display.
 
Back
Top