Parallels 9 on external drive

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PaulS26, Oct 13, 2017.

1. PaulS26

PaulS26 Bit poster

Hello.

I am having to temporarily run my computer on my work HD externally on another machine while mine gets repaired. This HD has all my licenses for all of the software that I use, including Parallels 9. When I go to run it, the Activation screen shows up. I re-enter my code and it says that there I'm over the limit on licenses, even though no new installation took place. I tried to just a get trial and it says there is no internet connection when clearly I do have one. It's late, I have to be up early, and I can't get access to software that runs in Windows only. Anybody here run into this issues trying to run it on an external HD?

Thanks!

Paul

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @PaulS26, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key. If the issue persists, please try the below steps to activate it: 1.Please navigate through Apple menu> Application> Terminal. 2. Execute this command : prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3. PaulS26

PaulS26 Bit poster

That seemed to work. Thanks!

Paul

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.