Parallels 9 USB Devices Borked (Fedora/Debian)

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by CaseyD, Sep 17, 2013.

1. CaseyD

CaseyD Junior Member

Having loads of trouble with passing USB devices to fedora and debian.

First, I have a USB flash drive with two ext4 partitions. I can pass this to Debian and it'll see it and mount fine. When I pass it to Fedora it doesn't even log it in dmesg or /var/log/messages, as though nothing happened.

Second, my webcam won't work in either. Fedora will automatically request it, but the preview window will be broken (tested in three different webcam softwares, including cheese and custom gstreamer code). I can take pictures and video, and see them afterwards. In Debian the device never gets requested, and even when manually passed does not work at all.

I have no idea what is causing this behavior, the Parallels Desktop 8 drivers worked great in Debian after a quick modification of the prl-x11 script to work with the latest init services, but now USB device support is all kinds of awkward. I got Parallels 9 for Fedora 19 support, but now I may have to switch back to 8 because I can't test dev code in an environment where USB devices don't work right.

2. avrhack

avrhack Bit poster

Yep it's an utter disgrace. I wish I'd never upgraded. USB used to work great, now most of the time the devices menu is greyed out and I can't get things to connect. Didn't they test this?