Parallels Access: Ipad Air 6th gen to Mac 24" with M1 chip

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by KathleenB2, Jul 18, 2021.

1. KathleenB2

KathleenB2 Junior Member

I know there have been discussions about this in this forum but trying again to see if anyone might have any ideas.
    I have an Ipad 6th generation. Here are the specs for the display:
    Display
    • Retina display
    • 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
    • 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution at 264 ppi

I am not trying to control a Mac 24" M1.

As others have reported in some cases, on the ipad, the M1 screen is tiny. Bars at the top and bottom on the ipad. I have tried all three of the settings for the display, i.e. best for ipad, etc. No change. I have display set to default resolution on the Mac. I have tried using scaling with no effect on the problem. And there is no scaling which matches the resolution on the ipad.

I bring this up again in this forum, because in the past, I had a similar problem with trying to go from this same ipad to my 2014 iMac 27". It drove me nuts and basically makes Access useless because you can barely read the display of the Mac. Then, one day, it magically came back to the normal display, full screen on the ipad. I am not sure if was due to a setting change or changes in the software, but something changed.

Anyone have any idea as to how to fix this problem?

Oh, and one other thing, If I try to attach to the Mac from the Ipad and the Mac is sleeping or the screen on the Mac is black, I can't wake the Mac up. I have to use other Remote Control software on the ipad to wake up the Mac and then I can continue. :(

Thank you in advance for a response.