Parallels activation limit

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AmandaL2, Nov 20, 2017.

1. AmandaL2

AmandaL2 Bit poster

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro and transferred my old computer to the new one without a hitch using Time Machine; Parallels worked fine. That computer ended up having battery issues and I've now bought another new Macbook Pro. I'm in the process of setting everything up, but despite signing out of Parallels (version 11.2.3) on my old computer, I'm still being prompted to buy a new license. I've done everything it told me to do, but the setup isn't working. I did manage to set everything back up on the original, battery-troubled computer but I'm not sure what to do to actually fix this problem.

2. MikeFromMesa

MikeFromMesa Member

I had a similar problem (although mine involved installing Parallels on a bootable CCC ssd, then finding that the ssd was out of space after the install and cloning it to another larger ssd), and was at a loss as to how to deactivate the first license and activate the second. Nothing seemed to work until I found this thread. It is a bit long and the stuff at the start of the thread did not help, but when I skipped to the last page I found a terminal instruction that solved my problem.

Perhaps it will help you as well. This activation/deactivation business should be easier.

3. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello AmandaL2, we have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and check if this works.Thanks!

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!