how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. FabCafeT

FabCafeT Bit poster

I'm trying to move my parallel desktop 10 license key to my new mac, i read this article, http://kb.parallels.com/123461, but there is no option to sign out of my account as suggested. Please advise.

Thanks!

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hi, we have made necessary changes, try to activate again and let us know how it goes.

3. AhmadF1

AhmadF1 Bit poster

hello please I want to deactivate my account house the license on another account how can do this ??

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi AhmadF1, if you try to use the license on a new Mac without signing out of the old one, then upon activation on the new Mac you will see a warning that the license is already in use. If you click on Activate on This Mac, the current copy will be successfully activated, and the license will automatically be deactivated on the old Mac. Please check out this article to know more about the Sign out option.

5. GaryS5

GaryS5 Bit poster

Hi, I also have had no luck in figuring out how to deactivate my Desktop 10 license in order to move it to another Mac. Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Gary

6. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello GaryS5, we have reset your Parallels Desktop 10 license key. Please activate it once again and keep us posted on your progress.

7. GaryS5

GaryS5 Bit poster

Hi Swati,
    I just tried again and got this message:
    Unable to confirm the product license.
    You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.​

8. MarcelC4

MarcelC4 Bit poster

please help me on moving my parallels 10 license from my old Mac to my new one.
    Thanks
    Marcel

9. Hi, we've sent you private message, please check and let us know if you have any questions.

10. Hi, we've deactivated your license key, please try to activate your Parallels Desktop key on new Mac.
    If it doesn't work for you, please check your private message and try other provided solution.

11. ShawnC3

ShawnC3 Bit poster

Hi there,

Is there an easy way to have you guys deactivate a license, i am having the same issue i signed out and uninstalled Parallels 11 from old mac and tried installing on new mac but continues to say "You have reached the maximum..." please let me know, thanks
    Shawn

12. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello ShawnC3, we have reset your Parallels Desktop 11 license key. Please activate it once again and let us know how it goes.

13. ShawnC3

ShawnC3 Bit poster

Perfect! I'm in :) is this the best way to request a deactivation in the future?

14. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to know that your Parallels Desktop 11 activation issue has been resolved. Yes, you may contact us anytime and we're here to help.

15. -ChristianS-

-ChristianS- Junior Member

Hi Parallels Team,

I also tried to move my Parallels Desktop 10 license to a new mac and got the "activation limit" problem. I tried to follow the "deactivation" instructions, but it seems that this is not available on PD 10. Can you help me please? Thanks!

16. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello -ChristianS-, we have reset your Parallels Desktop 10 activation key. Please activate it once again and keep us posted.

17. -ChristianS-

Hi Swati, thanks for your reply. I just tried it, but it still claims that the "activation limit is reached". :(

18. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Please try below steps and keep us posted:
    1. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app).
    2. Execute the command:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    3. Now execute this command:
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml
    4. Quit from Parallels Desktop.
    5. Reboot your Mac.
    6. Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

19. -ChristianS-

Thanks, that worked perfectly! :)

20. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to hear that your activation issue has been resolved. Please feel free to reach us anytime.

CharlesH10 likes this.