Parallels and Boot Camp default file locations?

frankieswi

Bit poster
I just got my mac pro (first mac) and I love it...(2) 3.0 GHz quad-core,4Gb RAM,(2) 1Tb hdd,512Mb Geforce 8800,(2) superdirves,23" cinema display.
I do need some {Windows} programs to run, so I opted to install windows xp via boot camp. works ok. I also installed parallels, and imaged and old w2k machine. Also works ok. When in MacOs, I click the Parallels desktop icon, and I get a choice of "My Boot Camp"(which is windows xp) or "Windows 2000", and the option to select, etc. I have run Parallels Tools, and actually, everything does work. The problem is, I somehow ended up with a "My Boot Camp" folder on my Mac desktop, and if iI delete it, boot camp no longer works! If I throw it back on the mac desktop, it works again...I don't really want to leave this on my desktop, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is supposed to go.... it contains My Boot Camp.pvs, a windows applications folder, and a windows disks folder. So I need someone to tell me (macnovice) where these are supposed to be! I have may Mac OS on a 1Tb drive, and my Bootable xp version on a second drive i called mac data, which contains a 32Gb partition for xp.
Thanks in advance!
 
clarification

direct boot works, so does the parallels desktop. The problem is that somehow I managed to move or copy a folder called "My Boot Camp" to my mac desktop. If I delete it, paralles desktop cannot find my boot files for neither the direct boot nor the desktop boot.....I just want to know how and where to put this folder back where it is supposed to go. I have 2 drives, one my mac osx drive, and the other more or less a data drive, which also contains my 32Gb boot camp (xp) partition. I just cant figure out how to get the "My Boot Camp" folder off my desktop....
 
Back
Top