Parallels and RAM

NicholasChuang

Bit poster
This is the first time I've used Parallels, but I'm having a problem with my RAM.

My Mac has 16GB of ram, I am running a 32-bit Windows 7, but it's only reading that I have 1 GB of RAM. How/where do I allocate how much ram to allow it to use?

It's also not reading my video card. I have a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5750, but it's reading me as not having a video card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
With the VM shut down:

Virtual Machine menu -> Configure -> General to set memory size of VM, up to 8 GB

Virtual Machine menu -> Configure -> Hardware tab -> Video to set VRAM size and use 3d acceleration.

Where do you see that it's not using your video card?

Steve
 
Here

See attached screenshots....
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 9.24.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 9.24.50 PM.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 9.27.30 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 9.27.30 PM.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top