I have been running Parallels 7 on an iMac (mid-2011) now running Mountain Lion and very happy.
I had originally installed Windows XP from my original DVD and everything works fine.
I also have an Windows 7 Upgrade disk and wanted to try that - but as a separate "virtual machine". In other words I did not want to (1) replace my Windows XP install for the time being and (2) did not want Windows XP/7 to run as a dual boot, I wanted them listed as separate "virtual machines" in Parallels.
Is this possible as the install does not go through. Error message is something about no bootable system disk being present. I assume I am getting this error because the DVD I am using is an "upgrade" disk?
If I can't use this DVD to install Win7 through the Parallels virtual machine interface what is my other options? If I install it by starting Windows XP first, I assume that even if I select the dual boot option during the install, this will not appear on Parallels' "virtual machine" list?
Any suggestions - aside from purchasing another "full" version of Windows 7. (It is not important enough to me to go through that expense.)
Thanks, Steve
I had originally installed Windows XP from my original DVD and everything works fine.
I also have an Windows 7 Upgrade disk and wanted to try that - but as a separate "virtual machine". In other words I did not want to (1) replace my Windows XP install for the time being and (2) did not want Windows XP/7 to run as a dual boot, I wanted them listed as separate "virtual machines" in Parallels.
Is this possible as the install does not go through. Error message is something about no bootable system disk being present. I assume I am getting this error because the DVD I am using is an "upgrade" disk?
If I can't use this DVD to install Win7 through the Parallels virtual machine interface what is my other options? If I install it by starting Windows XP first, I assume that even if I select the dual boot option during the install, this will not appear on Parallels' "virtual machine" list?
Any suggestions - aside from purchasing another "full" version of Windows 7. (It is not important enough to me to go through that expense.)
Thanks, Steve