Parallels Boot Camp suddenly not working

babygodzilla

Junior Member
Last week my Parallels Boot Camp just suddenly stopped working. It would come to that screen where you can choose between Parallels Configuration and the regular Windows XP Config, and then the screen would go blank. and nothing happens.

The only thing I see in the Console are these messages:

4/27/08 10:55:18 PM [0x0-0xa90a9].com.parallels.desktop[1097] Error disk change state flag to set
4/27/08 10:55:19 PM [0x0-0xa90a9].com.parallels.desktop[1097] Error disk suspend parameter flag to set
4/27/08 10:55:19 PM [0x0-0xa90a9].com.parallels.desktop[1097] Error disk change state flag to set
4/27/08 10:55:42 PM [0x0-0xa90a9].com.parallels.desktop[1097] QObject::killTimer: timers cannot be stopped from another thread
4/27/08 10:55:42 PM [0x0-0xa90a9].com.parallels.desktop[1097] QObject::startTimer: timers cannot be started from another thread

help? Thank you
 
I see exactly the same thing. These are the messages in my Console:

28/04/08 1:41:13 PM com.apple.SystemStarter[29] kextload: /Library/StartupItems/Parallels/Pvsvnic.kext loaded successfully
28/04/08 1:43:25 PM [0x0-0x1e01e].com.parallels.desktop[242] QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
28/04/08 1:43:48 PM [0x0-0x1e01e].com.parallels.desktop[242] Error disk change state flag to set
28/04/08 1:43:48 PM [0x0-0x1e01e].com.parallels.desktop[242] Error disk suspend parameter flag to set
28/04/08 1:43:48 PM [0x0-0x1e01e].com.parallels.desktop[242] Error disk change state flag to set

If i boot windows (bootcamp) into "safe mode" the list of drivers loading stops at "Mup.sys" - does this mean anything?

Also, my windows bootcamp partition works perfectly well when booting natively via bootcamp, just not in the parallels virtual machine
 

Attachments

  • Parallels Picture.jpg
    Parallels Picture.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
If nothing else works, I suggest doing the following:

1. (optional step) Install the latest version of MacFuse.

2. Open your VM configuration, and select 'Hard Disk -> Advanced', click on the "Clear..." button under the "Cleanup Boot Camp partition" section.

Important Note: This will remove Parallels information from the partition, you might need to reinstall Parallels Tools and/or some Parallels drivers, and re-activate Windows (ONLY RE-ACTIVATE AFTER INSTALLING PARALLELS DRIVERS, and generally having everything hardware/driver-wise like you had before the Cleanup).

Hope this helps.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I also had a similiar problem, and that did the trick. I was kinda new to parallels so it took quite awhile to follow the intructions. When you said Hard Disk I was thinking it was one of the drop down menu's. I didn't know that you had to go to edit-virtual machine and then hard disk. But I am noob.
 
Back
Top