Parallels Clinet on RAS does not remember screen size

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by DavidG67, Feb 5, 2022.

1. DavidG67

DavidG67 Bit poster

Hello all. I posted this question yesterday but for some reason is not here today.

New RAS install. Download client. Sessions being given out are running on Windows 2016 terminal server desktop sessions. Log in fine and all that, but note that if I stretch the screen across say two monitors and then shut down the session, going back in does not put the screen size back to what you made it. It just opens in one screen.
    We are trying to move away from Citrix which does allow this, and though it's a minor thing, for my users they like to set it and forget it.

Any tips or suggestions of or how to make this work?

Much appreciated.

Regards
    D

2. Alexey Kutuzov

Alexey Kutuzov Parallels Team

Hi David,
    What is the Parallels Client platform? Windows? macOS?

3. DavidG67

DavidG67 Bit poster

Hi Alexey. With the exception of a few remote clients using Mac's, all Windows 10. I am more concerned with the Windows platforms as it will be the majority of the remote client sessions.

4. Alexey Kutuzov

Alexey Kutuzov Parallels Team

Hi David,
    It turned out our clients do not keep this configuration. Feature request filed. Unfortunately, I don't have any timeframe to be announced.

5. DavidG67

DavidG67 Bit poster

Hi Alexey. OK, that is encouraging news. This seems a very minor thing, but when it comes to customer use, this actually will mean a lot to those users who want to set-it-and-forget-it. And it will definitely be another notch in favor of moving away from Citrix. I had also spent some time with your support team trying different ways to get it to work and could not be done. Thanks.